Hargeisa (SD) – Somaliland President Muse Bihi Abdi has reshuffled his cabinet in a statement release today.
This reshuffle included the removal and replacement of directors of certain ministries.
Amal Abdi Hassan, Deputy Chairman of the Quality Management Agency and Mohamed Adan Hirsi, Director General of the Good Governance Commission were released from their duties.
Also, these are the newly appointed and those reassigned to new positions:
1 Abdinasir Ahmed Hirsi Mohamed Director General in the Ministry of Environment and Rural Development
2. Eng. Abdirahman Mohamed Mohamed Director General in the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism.
3. Abdirisak Jama Nur Nakhuude Director General of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
4. Mohamed Yusuf Ismail Director General of the Ministry of Energy and Minerals
5. Ahmed Abdi Ismail Aqli Director General of the Ministry of Water Development
6. Abdiwasa Mohamed Yusuf Deputy Chairman of the Quality Protection Agency
7. Ahmed Abdirizak Dirie Director General of the National Contracting Commission
8. Mohamed Ahmed Hassan (Jabarti) Director General of the Aviation and Airport Authority
9. Mohamud Ismail Elmi Director General of the Good Governance Committee.
This latest reshuffle seems to lack gender neutrality, and will add to calls for more balanced cabinet appointments.